Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A journey to the bear site

I have gotten back to the bear site a few times this week to do some exploring. I really like it up there, and I really need to find more time to get there, and of course some folks to come with us. Exploring a place is so much fun, and so relaxing. I am excited to spend some time just sitting out there and watching. Getting to know the changes that happen throughout the year. I am, however concerned about the Bear living there. My concern is that we will be invading a place this Bear, and lots of other animals have found. I am concerned , that I , being a human will again be invading another of the wild places in the park . I wonder if there is a way we can all live together there, respecting the wild things that live there. Will our presence scare the Bear somewhere else, will it scare animals that that Bear lives off? I am tired of being a negative impact on the world, and I don't know if I know how to be a positive impact. I have so much to learn!!!! Again I would love to hear you thoughts. THanks

2 comments:

Hag Gasgun said...

You will have effect on the animals, but it's up to You to define those effects. By living there, you enter in relation with the forest and with it's inhabitant. You must find your place in the forest world to be a part of the whole. This is not negative for me it's part of rewilding process to interract with the surrounding world.

wildly
Hagouchonda

Rewild Katuah said...

hagouchonda, your input is valuable to me and appreciated, thanks